Sunday, September 11, 2016

Welcome to Pre-K



September Theme : Welcome to Pre-K
The following are the student outcomes by the end of the unit:

  •  My classroom and program are safe places where I learn, play and have fun.
  •  I am an important member of my classroom community; my thoughts, needs, ideas and abilities matter.
  • My family, my teachers*, and other children make up my classroom community; their backgrounds, thoughts, needs, ideas and abilities matter.
  • The teachers and other adults at my program keep me safe, care about me and support my learning.
  • In my classroom I use materials carefully and make choices about where I work and play.
  • Classroom rules and routines help me learn and stay safe.


Lesson and activities for the week:

Blocks-Encourage children to use blocks to build buildings they are familiar with such as those they live in or visit often.

Dramatic Play: The children will be invited to explore the dramatic play area and use the props and multicultural clothing provided. 

Art: The children will be encouraged to draw self portraits with the use of a mirror. They will be encouraged to look at their faces carefully in the mirror then draw what they see.

Science/ Discovery: The children will be provided with mirrors to explore and discuss what they see. 

Toys and Games / Math Manipulatives: Children will be encouraged to use table toys/ manipulatives to build the classroom.

Sand and Water / Sensory: Children will be encouraged to dig through
the sand to find themselves and their peers laminated pictures.

Library:The children will be provided with puppets or stuffed animals to read books from the classroom library.

Computer/Technology: Children will be provided with enriching learning games on the iPad. 


Writing: The children will be encouraged to explore the tools in the writing center.


Reminders:
  • Complete all forms and return to the school
  • Make sure to label all your child's clothing items
Home-School Connection:
  • As you walk to school with your child explore the shapes and buildings around the neighborhood 
  • Help your child count their steps 
  • Identify letters on signs 

No comments:

Post a Comment