Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week of September 25th!

Theme for the month:
Welcome to Pre-K! 



Goals for student understanding by the end of the unit: 

• My classroom and program are safe places where I learn, play and have fun.
• I am an important member of my classroom community; my thoughts, needs, ideas and abilities matter.
• The teachers and other adults at my program keep me safe, care about me and support my learning.
• In my classroom I use materials carefully and make choices about where I work and play.
• Classroom rules and routines help me learn and stay safe.

LEARNING CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES  

Blocks- Children are encouraged to use blocks to build buildings they are familiar with such as those they live in or visit often. 

Pretend Play- Children are invited to explore the dramatic play area and use the props and clothing provided. 

Art- A few samples of various artists’ work will be displayed in the art center for children to explore and  create their own to display on the art board.

Science- Mirrors will be added to the science center for children to explore and discuss what they see. 

Math-  Children will be encouraged to use table toys/manipulatives to build the classroom. 

Library- Students are able to read books from the classroom library to the puppets that are provided.

Writing/Technology-  Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.  

Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.

Some of the books we will read this week are:
  • Chu's First Day at School by Neil Gaiman
  • If You Take a Mouse to School by Laura Numerous 

Reminders:        
                Please fill out and return all papers given out during parent orientation.
Please bring in a picture of your family for us to hang in our classroom!
School will be closed on Monday, October 9th, for Columbus Day.
We will have our Hispanic Heritage performance in the gymnasium on     
Thursday, October 12th, at 9:00 a.m.

Dear parents, 

If you have any questions about the UPK for All program that I, Mrs. Gonzalez or Mr. Woods are unable to answer please feel free to contact: The Archdioceses Help Line at 888-227-8175 from 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. or by Email at catholicschool.upk.arch.ny.org

No comments:

Post a Comment