Where We Live!
Enduring understandings that the student should have by the end of the unit:
- Homes are the places where we live.
- Animals and people have many different types of homes.
- Some animals live with people.
- People and animals make homes.
Lessons and activities for the week:
Blocks-Pictures of different types of homes and buildings will be posted in block center and students are invited to build the homes in the pictures or similar homes.
Pretend Play- Students will paint cardboard boxes to make a building and placed their picture on it.
Art- Students will be supplied with popsicle sticks in order for them to create a home by gluing sticks onto paper.
Science- Multiple pictures of animals and their homes will be provided in science center for students to match.
Math- Lincoln Logs will be available for students to build homes.
Library- Students are encouraged to look at two non-fiction books about homes and compare and contrast what they see.
Writing- Students will discover blueprints and create their own blueprint with paper, pencil and measuring tools such as rulers and protractors.
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.
Some of the books we will read this week are:
- The Three Little Pigs and the Somewhat Bad Wolf by Mark Teagu
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Parents are invited to our annual Holiday Show on December 19th at 9:00 a.m
- Christmas Break is from December 22nd – January 3rd!
If you have any questions about the UPK for All program that I, Mrs. Gonzalez or Mr. Woods are unable to answer please feel free to contact: The Archdioceses Help Line at 888-227-8175 from 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. or by Email at catholicschool.upk.arch.ny.org